Inspiration hits us when we east expect it.
Or so it appears.
The act of being inspired is directly linked to how well we can maintain presence in our everyday life.
And during moments of deep contemplation, we find that we can even be inspired by a dirty shoelace.
Why is inspiration so important?
We seek inspiration for motivation, to keep focused, but most importantly to feel connected to the world within and around us.
When we are inspired, we consciously or unconsciously align events, people and experiences to bring the success that we hope to have in our life (success being one of the key motivators for your need for inspiration).
However, there may be times when we find that the space between being inspired and the act of creating the success we desire is usually larger than life.
This can leave us feeling unmotivated.
5 simple ways to transform inspirations into action for success
1. Discover your strengths. Observe, understand and embrace your strengths. And then spend time understanding how your passions link up with those strengths. You will find that your motivation will increase by ten fold when you know you are in alignment.
2. Creativity thrives on authenticity. Emulating another is the very force that will destroy the act of creating. You were born to be different, so accept your uniqueness, be authentic and own your creative ideas, however, small or insignificant you think they are. The world is in need of more variety and less familiarity.
3. Focus on what inspires you. In order to separate yourself from feelings of inadequacy, unhealthy competition and envy, it is important to place your attention on what inspires you rather than who. Attaching yourself to the source of your inspiration will only bring about disappointment
4. Define what success means to you. Success means different things to different people. When you do this, you tune into aspects of yourself that will unconsciously begin to attract towards you that which you seek in the form of a constant stream of creative ideas.
5. Do not give up. Like everything in life, inspiration also has an ebb and flow to it. Do not be disheartened when you lack inspiration or when fear get the better of you. Keep your goals in sight and know that the low phase plays a vital role in helping you to reboot so that your creative juices can flow again with greater force than before.
Last but not least, acknowledge that inspiration is a collective force. The synchronicity between your success and those of others are interconnected to allow your creativity to shine just as much as the other.
In what other ways can you narrow the space between being inspired to the act of creation?
What methods do you use to keep you motivated when you lack inspiration?