- My first name Pavitra means pure and sacred. My last name Gurumurthi means Lord Shiva, Idol of the teacher. My name was carefully chosen as part of my astrological birth chart which is very common in the Hindu tradition.
- I was born and brought up in Bangalore, South India. I grew up in the heart of the city.
- I am an only child to parents who married much later in life. My father was close to 55 yrs and my mother was around 39-40 yrs when they both consented to an arranged marriage.
- Both my parents passed away before I turned 30. My father passed away when I was 14 and my mother when I had just turned 30.
- I have lived in three different countries. India for the first 21 years, New Zealand for 11 years and Australia for 7 years. I have been back, living in India since 2022.
- I am a Virgo Sun, Capricorn Moon and Sagittarius Rising according to Tropical astrology. For astrology aficionados, I have a hell lot of Scorpio underlying my emotional world and Pisces energy overwhelming my external persona. I am a Leo Sun, Sagittarius Moon and Scorpio Rising according to Vedic astrology.
- I dove into exploring spirituality soon after my father’s passing. I was curious about life after death and the role of death in our human existence. The first book I read on the deeper meaning of life was Celestial Prophecy by James Redfield when I was 17 years old.
- I have diligently maintained a dream journal for 12 years and counting. I started recording my dreams when I discovered that they are premonitory in nature and weave a story of past, present, future experiences and lifetimes.
- I have a Bachelors in Computer Science, Graduate Diploma in International Business & Management and an Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership (IECL) Coaching Certification.
- I am also trained in Reiki, Level 1 and 2, Hypnotherapy and mindfulness practices. I am currently training towards my practitioner certification in NeuroAffective Touch.
- In addition to my qualifications, I spent two years (2018 and 2019) in Primal Therapy where I showed up weekly to access deep emotions held in my body that never felt safe to be expressed before. This particular therapy gave me a newfound reverence to the wisdom held in the human body through our feelings and emotions. I also spent nearly a decade on various forms of therapy to heal, renew and refine my own personal and spiritual growth, so that I can be fully present and attuned to the natural responses of the mind and body with my clients.
- I have spent the last 6 years attending weekly satsang meetings and retreats (online and in-person). These meetings are an invitation to live as awareness where nothing needs to be changed, fixed or eliminated. It is a non-dualistic, non-judgmental enquiry into our present being, where everything happens through the agency of awareness. My own spirituality is based on these very same principles.
- I officially started my psycho-spiritual healing, coaching and writing career in 2015. I did not pick this path intentionally, it chose me.
- My love and obsession for astrology began from as young as 10 years old. My journey with astrology as been a tumultuous one. Now looking back, it was life’s way of encouraging me to commit to learning this ancient powerful symbolic language.
- I have an irrational fear of drowning. No matter how many swimming lessons I have had over the years, I have never been able to overcome my fear. But I do love putting my head underwater and will gleefully jump into an ocean like a 5 year old that has just found hidden candy.
- I am an avid heath freak. I will try anything once that will support my over wellbeing whether that is physical, mental, emotional or spiritual. My sensitivity does not allow me the luxury of letting myself go.
- I stopped drinking coffee about 16 years ago. I also never enjoyed the taste of alcohol so never drank but I do know the feeling of being drunk (in love)!
- My pet peeves are wet floors, wet hair and wet clothes.
- I stopped watching mainstream television over 10 years ago. World events seem to travel faster than light and I have always relied on word of mouth for relevant updates.
- Since I was a child I have always enjoyed spending time on my own. This has unknowingly granted me the space, time and energy to harness my curious relationship with the mystical nature of life.
I would love for you to tell me something about yourself or anything that we have in common.
You are also welcome to connect with me via Instagram @tenderauthority.